Some people prefer to eat sweetened chicken as a snack and there are many ways to get that taste. The easiest thing in my book is to fry chicken in a pan with real sugar and taste. Enter Brown Sugar Chicken, a very simple, sweet and delicious recipe to get you started.
Just sweet, just delicious
Brown sugar chicken can easily be baked in the pan in less than 20 minutes and/or caramelised in the oven for another 30 minutes. For this simple recipe you need fat, garlic, salt and pepper (to season the chicken), herbs, chicken stock, brown sugar, spices (your choice) and four chicken breasts.
The chicken is first put in the pan, fried in the fat for a few minutes and then removed. Then the garlic, chicken stock, brown sugar and green vegetables are greased until the sugar has dissolved. Finally, the meat is added again to absorb the mixture and cover it for a few more minutes. If you don’t have stock for the recipe, you can use water, but it’s recommended to keep it with chicken stock, especially with the regular type. This gives this brown chicken a strong chicken taste.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts without skin
- salt and pepper according to the season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced meat.
- 1/2 glass of chicken stock or hot water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of freshly chopped herbs of your choice
- Lay the chicken breasts flat on the chopping board and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Be sure to wipe the sides of the herb all over the plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add breasts and sausages until golden (takes up to 8 minutes). Remove your chest and put it aside.
- Melt the oil in a frying pan and then add the garlic to the salt for a minute. Add the chicken stock, brown sugar and green vegetables to the pan. Stir until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Put your breast back in the pan, cover and reduce the mixture on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a selection of pages.
- Thyme and parsley – Use for herbs evenly grated thyme and parsley.
- Rosemary – Use chopped rosemary for herbs.
- Honey and mustard – Replace a quarter jar of honey and a tablespoon of mustard with brown sugar.
- Roasting – In step 4, place a covered frying pan with chicken breasts in an oven preheated to 80°C and cook for 30 minutes instead.
- Citrus – In step 3, add the zest and juice of an orange or two lemons together with the other ingredients.
- Bourbon – In step 3, add one or two tablespoons of bourbon that should be reduced along with the other ingredients.
Did you like the chicken recipe?
If you want more, try this Supram chicken dish. You can also try to reduce the Velut sauce in the near future.
Don’t miss our Facebook page!
ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDoven-roasted brown sugar chicken,garlic brown sugar chicken breast,brown sugar chicken, slow cooker,garlic brown sugar chicken skillet,garlic brown sugar chicken tasty,bacon brown sugar garlic chicken,brown sugar chicken and rice,chicken with brown sugar and soy sauce